Visas & Sponsorship

If you are not a British Citizen or EU passport holder you will need a visa to work in the UK. Whilst increased visa restrictions have made it harder to move to the UK in the short term, we are hopeful that restrictions will soon be lifted. To find out what options are available to you visit

Update: December 2010

The Tier 1 General visa route to the UK has now closed for those applying from abroad, and will close from the 4th April, 2011 to those who are able to apply from inside the UK.

Tier 2 Sponsored visas are still possible to get however there is a monthly cap on how many certificates can be issued and they are only allocated in order of the following priorities:

  • Those needed to extend existing work permit holders
  • Those being sponsored for a role in a Shortage Skill Occupation (actuaries are not on this list currently)
  • Salary level

Unfortunately, this will be the process for the foreseeable future until the government changes its policy either from public pressure or otherwise.

Please contact Harriet Croft, who will be able to assist you further.

Email: or Tel: +44(0)20 7183 9158

Comments are closed.