This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
The main responsibility of this role is to ensure that accounting processes and reporting (including Lloyd’s and group financial returns) requirements are completed for all managed syndicates. The role will involve liaising with the offshore finance team and other departments.
MAIN DUTIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Produce Lloyd’s finance returns (including Solvency II) on a timely and accurate basis.
- Review of returns prepared by the offshore finance team
- Evaluation of changing Lloyd’s requirements for returns and building models in order to facilitate the meeting of these requirements
- Analytical review/sense checking of accounting data
- Liaison with the offshore finance team to help ensure a smooth monthly close is achieved
- Complete / oversee monthly balance sheet reconciliations for managed syndicates
- Provide information to the reinsurance accounting and actuarial teams and review output
- Liaison with auditors
- Production of statutory accounts for managed syndicates
- Provide cover within the wider finance team (including monthly close processes)
- Produce board and committee packs as required
- Review and improve accounting and reporting processes
- Deputise for Syndicate Finance Manage
- Support the supervision and development of the Syndicate Accountant and Assistant Syndicate Accountant
Salary level l £55,000 – £60,000 + bonus + benefits including 10% pension