This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Responsible for the UK external reporting.
Reports to the UK Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of external financial statements and regulatory returns for Client’s legal entities, including Solvency II.
- Assist with establishing accounting controls and procedures.
- Assist with Board reporting to Client’s Boards and executive management team.
- Manage external audit process.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA or equivalent).
- 2 years post graduate qualification experience.
- Good knowledge of US and UK GAAP.
- Strong and current technical knowledge of Solvency II.
- Experience of accounting systems and processes, implementation and development preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of applications, including advanced Excel skills.
- Must be able to work effectively both independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and manage accurate thoughtful detail-oriented work within tight deadlines and/or while working extended work days.
- Ideally a critical and creative thinker with a deep technical understanding of re/insurance risk and a strong understanding of investment risk.