This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Responsible for the UK finance function of a very successful insurance company and assisting with financial close and reporting.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA or equivalent)
- 5 years post qualification experience, including at least 3 years within the re/insurance sector
- 2 years of experience supervising other finance staff
- Good knowledge of US and UK GAAP
- Strong and current technical knowledge of Solvency II
- Experience working with senior management and Boards
- Experience of accounting systems and processes implementation and development preferred
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of applications, including advanced Excel skills
- Must be able to lead effectively and work effectively both independently and with teams.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and manage accurate thoughtful detail-oriented work within tight deadlines
- Ideally a critical and creative thinker with a deep technical understanding of re/insurance risk and a strong understanding of investment risk.