This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
- To be part of a team responsible for the production of management information that supports the Finance team and Senior Management in monitoring and managing the business. With particular emphasis on MI communication and reporting to key stakeholders within and outside Finance.
- To Finance and Senior Management for the provision of high quality, value adding and robust management information.
- To contribute to the functional dynamics both in and outside of the Finance department.
- To the other finance teams for management information input into the respective reporting streams e.g. Lloyd’s, statutory and regulatory reporting.
- To the Underwriting Divisions to provide finance information and answers to related queries.
- To the head of regional offices, Reporting Manager for financial information on the overseas offices.
- To Corporate Communications team for collaboration on production of the syndicate report and accounts.
- To external auditors and actuaries for provision of information, analysis and explanations.
- To external stakeholders (e.g. Ratings agencies, members agents and Lloyd’s) for provision of ad-hoc information.
The role as part of a team responsible for:
- Produce and enhance MI reports that accurately communicate the performance of the business and meet the needs of management.
- Liaise with management and other departments to ensure that the MI remains both relevant and useful.
- Ensure quarterly Three Year Syndicate forecasts are complete, understood and communicated.
- Ensure quarterly One Year Syndicate forecasts are complete, understood and communicated.
- Produce Mini Mi’s supported with robust analysis and commentary.
- Ensure QMR’s and MFR’s are complete, robust, understood and communicated.
- Own and produce Board pack.
- Develop MI, analytical review and commentary supporting the Year of Account and One Year Accounting position /performance.
- Provide the press release of quarterly Three Year Forecasts.
- Co-ordination of financial submissions of the overseas offices.
- Prepare and understand ILV analysis.
- Ensuring the Team deliver information that is right first time (reliable, timely, challenged, controlled and thoroughly reviewed).
- Production of the annual syndicate report and accounts.
- Liaison with auditors and actuaries.
- Liaison with other departments to enhance knowledge transfer eg. Underwriting, Claims & Outwards RI.
- Continually challenge practice and processes to ensure they meet best practice and changing requirements.
- Maintain and development MI systems, processes and controls including JSOX and Solvency II.
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects.
- Produce and maintain “FReD Manual Adjustments” and “Quarterly Financial Controls” files.
- Build and maintain the Financial Reporting Datamart (FReD) and ensure complete for quarterly reporting purposes. Prepare the interface to the General Ledger.
- Newly qualified ACA accountant or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability.
- Good understanding of Lloyd’s or London Market insurance.
- Excellent excel and system skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and expectations.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and experience (IFRS and Solvency II preferred).