This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
- To prepare, and assist with, all aspects of the regulatory reporting for UK Insurance Branch operations, to take responsibility for Australian Branch, Zurich Reinsurance, and potentially other branches depending on relative workloads and availability.
- To improve the quality and timeliness of branch regulatory reporting for Branch operations as assigned.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, and the preparation, review, and/or lodging of Branch regulatory filings on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Managing and maintaining Branch general ledgers.
- Providing analytical and decision support to Branch management, Agents, Head of UK Finance Branch Reporting and/or UK Chief Financial Officer.
- Liaising and working with internal and external actuaries, Agents, Risk Management, Treasury and Tax to assist with all aspects of UK Branch operations.
- Monitoring Branch solvency requirements, ensuring appropriate capital, collateral or security is in place.
- Liaising with UK Treasury and Group Investment to ensure that Branch solvency requirements are maintained, while identifying opportunities to optimize Branch investment return and minimize capital investment required to support Branch operations.
- Providing assistance with the annual business planning process for UK Branch operations.
- Managing the annual audit process, addressing any outstanding issues and ensuring timely sign-off.
- Identifying control, process and systems/operational issues in UK Branch Finance and UK Finance, and opportunities to improve the integrity of financial data within and between UK Branch Finance and UK Technical Finance.
- Keeping up to date and informed of any regulatory changes in the respective branches.
- Providing support to the Head of UK Finance Branch Reporting as an advocate for change in UK Finance by identifying examples of control, process, operational, system or data quality issues, and providing suggestions to improve the quality and accuracy of output from UK Branch Finance and UK Finance.
- Deputising for Head of UK Finance Branch Reporting during periods of absence, and other Technical Accountant – Branch Regulatory Reporting roles, as needed.
- Ad-hoc projects as required.