£60,000 - £75,000
City of London
This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
To assist with implementation of financial and regulatory reporting requirements, especially new/ proposed requirements such as Solvency II and new UK GAAP. To include development of related internal reporting procedures and their implementation into business as usual procedures.
Assist in identifying and implementing changes required in Finance operations across the Group in order to achieve best in class processes and systems usage, working in partnership with Finance teams and IT resources to meet agreed goals.
Achieve finance objectives by adopting a flexible, goal orientated, hands on approach.
- Assist with finance work-stream for Solvency II implementation, to include:
- Assist with pilot of Pillar 3 reporting requirements for Client Group
- Assist with the development of SII valuation policies
- Assist with the implementation of IT reporting solution for integration of SII reporting
- Assist with the implementation of a new Finance reporting process to meet current and new reporting requirements as efficiently and accurately as possible·
- Prepare regulatory returns during the implementation phase as required
- Provide finance related data inputs for Pillar 1 reporting requirements
- Assist with pilot of BMA’s Group regulatory requirements
- Monitor new UK GAAP developments and prepare for new UK GAAP conversion specifically its impact on reporting procedures
- Support and assist with system improvements and documentation of controls and procedures in respect of new accounting and regulatory returns.
- Apply expert knowledge of financial concepts and principles to Accounting and Regulatory Reporting and clearly document any conclusions reached.
- Communicate results to manager and provide visibility into details of underlying work, key assumptions and conclusions made.
- Drive operational excellence in above areas and offer solutions to further enhance processes.Deal with any queries from the Auditors.
- Engage with ad-hoc projects to ensure that all issues are resolved and fully reported.
- Responsible for development of own technical insurance knowledge.
- Assist with other finance projects as required.
- Raise the capability and reputation of the UK Finance Regulatory and Technical Accounting team.
- Professional accounting qualification
- Insurance industry experience
- Comprehensive and up-to-date understanding of UK, IFRS and US financial and regulatory reporting requirements
- Experience of SII requirements an advantage