This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Main Purpose of Role
- Monthly Close
- Prepare and control of monthly premium output and underwriting data for key monthly reports
- Complete analysis and produce narrative for variances to support the month close process
- Develop reporting with IT to improve month end processes and data controls
- Manage monthly close timetable
- Attend Operations and IT meetings to evaluate data completeness
- Liaise with Underwriter Assistants, Claims, Reinsurance team to assess variances
- Liaise with US team to gather relevant information for reporting purposes.
- Liaise with actuarial for reserving and capital model inputs & outputs
- Lloyd’s Reporting
- Complete certain analytical forms for Lloyds Reporting (QMA, QMB, QMC)
- Carry out checks and reconciliations on data output
- Liaise with actuarial on reserving class information
- Investigate errors and variances to conclusion
- Key contact point for financial data and analysis
- Management Information
- Provide monthly class premium reports to executive for review and sign off and actuarial teams.
- Provide MI support for monthly board, executive and underwriting reports where necessary.
- Monthly actual underwriting movements including investigation of significant variances and commentary.
- Develop MI and Financial reports ensuring accuracy consistency throughout the business
- Monthly reporting of all key data produced on time for financial and actuarial review
- Develop monthly close process with Operations and IT
- Analytical review of results used for Syndicate and Group Reporting
- Good inter-departmental communications skills
- Good understanding of compliance of Lloyd’s Accounting
- Good IT skills – Excel and Databases
- Project management skills
- Ability to work on their own initiative
- Willingness to support and help others where necessary within Finance
Knowledge of the insurance industry specifically within Lloyd’s Reporting