This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Excellent opportunity for a Syndicate Financial Controller with previous Syndicate experience to join the London based office of an internationally renowned insurance business.
- Support and lead reporting migration from Oracle to Coda
- Work with IT on internal and external reporting report development
- Work with Operations, Claims, Actuarial, Finance & IT to embed & develop financial reporting processes, consistent & aligned with the wider group model.
- Responsible for production & review of Regulatory reporting outputs: QMRs, US and Canadian Regulatory returns, Syndicate Annual returns, FSA returns, QMC, annual report & accounts, Distribution report & accounts, balance sheet reconciliation files.
- Provide management information as required
- Assist in the production of financial information for Board packs
- Responsible for implementing & maintaining a robust control environment that is aligned to the risk management framework
- Responsible for liaising with other teams involved in the production of financial data to ensure the timely & accurate production of Syndicate reporting outputs
- Responsible for process improvement design and development, to ensure efficient and accurate data production.
- Responsible for the development of analytical reviews and other management information to support syndicate reported figures
- Responsible for reporting to third party capital
- Support the transition to a Solvency II reporting environment
- Management of a small team
- Lloyd’s syndicate market & reporting requirements knowledge
- Ability to work & liaise effectively with the business & multiple stakeholders
- Ability to devise & implement process improvements
- Working knowledge of reporting requirements; UK GAAP, Lloyd’s accounting rules, IFRS
- Team management experience