This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
The Accountant will:
- Take responsibility for the preparation and analysis of data with a view to producing summary monthly & quarterly syndicate information.
- Assist the Head of Syndicate Finance to ensure Lloyds Reporting deadlines are met.
- Support the Head of Syndicate Finance in the preparation of information for external reporting to regulators.
- Ensure the integrity of underwriting information used for internal and external reporting.
- Improve communications between the finance team, actuarial, and the external auditors, so as to increase the efficiency in finance’s processes.
- Supervise & coordinate the work of the service level providers to ensure deadlines are met with timely & accurate data.
- Ensure Syndicate trial balance is updated & completed on a monthly basis.
- Review all balance items to ensure they are substantiated & coded correctly.
- Ensure Syndicate inter-company balances reconciled monthly.
- Prepare Syndicate Report & Accounts.
- Provide periodic information to third parties (e.g. capital providers) and responding to queries raised by those third parties.
- Coordinate the completion of Lloyds QMR return/IID/FSA/SRD/Situs returns.
- Ensure information requested on the audit deliverables list is being produced and distributed on a timely basis and communicating with the auditors to identify issues and ensure their prompt resolution.
- Coordinate the completion of SIS and tax returns to Lloyd’s prior to review by the Syndicate Accountant.
- Coordinate the completion of annual DD filings to Lloyds.
- Review the production annual accounting data from Eclipse Annual Accounting Model.
- Assist Head of Syndicate Finance with interrogation of Finance Cube data for analytical analysis.
- Review & analyse Syndicate expense costs and provide commentary for board reporting.
Skills and Experience:
- Graduate preferred
- Experience within the London insurance market (including Lloyd’s regulatory returns)
- Numerate and IT Literate
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Ability to lead and work within a team
- Engagement with the wider business