This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Major City based Insurance Company requires a Qualified Accountant to be responsible for all accounting areas of Client’s live syndicates, including review of data input and liaising with underwriters and actuaries.
The role also prepares internal and external financial reports, including group company reporting and all Lloyd’s regulatory returns, and associated management information. The role is also responsible for the preparation of the analytical tools and reports to support the information produced.
- Accounting of insurance technical and non-technical transactions in the relevant ledgers of the Syndicates.
- All operational aspects of the production of ledgers, including the preparation of account reconciliations and analysis of balance sheet and profit & loss items.
- Preparation of all outputs of syndicates, including QMA, QMB, QMC, SII, US Reporting, Canadian Reporting, FCA/PRA reporting, statutory accounts, Distribution files, taxation reporting amongst others.
- Preparation of statutory accounts for group companies, including corporate members.
- Production of analytical tools and analytical memos supporting individual reports.
- Interaction with underwriters, actuaries and treasury to develop the understanding of the figures.
- Liaising with internal and external auditors, ensuring that all the information required is produced and the audits are completed on time.
- Responsible for the development of process improvements and system enhancements, typically within a formal project framework, to ensure the efficient and accurate production of data.
Role requires a Qualified Accountant with exposure to the Lloyd’s Market as an accountant or Auditor.
Lloyd’s accounting experience, UK GAAP / US GAAP. Advance experience of using Excel.