This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Hugely successful London market insurer are looking for a Syndicate Accountant to undertake regulatory and monthly management reporting in respect of certain Lloyd’s entities in support of the Syndicate Finance manager, as required.
To build knowledge and experience to be able to develop further responsibility for syndicate accounting roles, as necessary.
- Review of input data and preparation, filing of all Lloyds Regulatory returns for Lloyd’s Syndicates, including Annual returns, Quarterly returns, US and Canadian Reporting (Including schedules F&P), US and Canadian SIS
- Prepare Syndicate board reports, P&L attribution and answer requests for finance information from Capital Modelling Actuaries.
- Planning and production of Syndicate annual report and accounts, management information and financial schedules
- Planning and preparation of monthly and quarterly accounting information, as required.
- Contribute to the development of systems for syndicate reporting with regard to FRS102/103 and Pillar 3
- Assist in the migration of key tasks to syndicate personnel and monitor the accuracy of their work
- Liaise with management, auditors and actuaries as necessary
- Assume responsibility for the management and execution of specified controls/action plans relating to risks, working closely with Risk Owners and the Risk Management team. This includes ensuring that control design is appropriate to the risk(s), the control operates as intended and reporting any issues to the Risk Owner
Key Technical Skills
- Qualified ACCA or equivalen
- Up to date experience of Lloyd’s syndicate reporting within an established Lloyd’s managing agency
- Proven ability in the preparation and completion of Lloyds Core Market returns and overseas reporting
- A knowledge of the requirements of FRS102/103 and Pillar 3
- Basic report writing and process documenting skills
- Sound knowledge of IT systems within clients accounting function: especially Microsoft Excel, Vision PMQA, Sun 6 Accounts.