This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Innovative, profitable City based Insurance Company requires a qualified Syndicate Accountant with prior Insurance industry experience.
- Prepare financial reports/returns in accordance with required GAAP / standards
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reporting, both for statutory purposes and for management information
- Complete aspects of the monthly close, including reporting to Bermuda Parent in compliance with US GAAP
- Prepare financial analysis and performance reports
- Prepare various Lloyd’s and regulatory returns including Quarterly Monitoring Return, US and Canadian trading, Quarterly Reporting Templates, etc.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures to ensure appropriate financial and internal controls are in place, including compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Ensure appropriate quality control processes exist and are followed for preparation and submission of financial reports/returns
- Prepare budgets and other financial plans for management information, corporate entities, third parties
- Support the continued enhancement and on-going development of the Reinsurance Accounting Platform (SICS) ensuring that all Finance needs are met
- Assist and work closely with Operations Team to ensure accuracy of transactions and financial disclosure
- Engage with miscellaneous project work and provide general assistance to the Finance Director and Finance Department as necessary
Candidates should be Qualified (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) with Insurance Experience.