This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
- Production of GAAP reports for management.
- Monthly analytical review of US GAAP numbers.
- Production of Lloyd’s returns for external regulatory reporting.
- Assist in the production of revenue plans and reforecasts.
- This role supervises others.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Management of the monthly close process. Coordinating the close timetable in a timely and controlled manner.
- Preparation and submission of monthly GAAP results to internal management and the parent company.
- Monthly analytical review of US GAAP numbers providing first draft commentary explaining key variances against plan and prior periods.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly QMA/QMC forms to Lloyds, including fully reconciling the movements from US to UK GAAP.
- Develop and maintain management information and control systems including business objects, Essbase, Crystal reports and Hyperion Smart view.
- Assist in maintaining an appropriate internal control environment particularly with regard to Sarbanes Oxley compliance in the context of US GAAP reporting.
- Assist with the preparation of financial plans and reforecasts.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting requirements and project work.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Proven track record of working in a finance function of an insurance operation.
- Knowledge of UK GAAP and US GAAP as they apply to insurance entities and knowledge of Lloyd’s reporting requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of financial ledgers and data warehouses and interfaces.
- Strong knowledge of insurance practices.
LICENSING OR CERTIFICATES:
A recognized accounting qualification (ideally ACA or ACCA) or sufficient experience and accounting knowledge to be deemed as qualified by experience required