This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
FP&A accountant required by market leading City based insurance company.
To support the effective delivery of the finance planning and analysis team’s objectives including production of GAAP annual and five year plan, board reporting, monthly MI and results analysis
* Production of excel based annual and five year GAAP plan – to include P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash flow and Capital (Syndicate, Group, IFRS and US GAAP basis)
* Production of quarterly forecasts and variance analysis/commentary with actuals (Syndicate, Group, IFRS and US GAAP basis)
* Coordination of annual business plan cycle including production of Syndicate Business Forecast (SBF)
* Monthly results analysis and commentary
* Monthly premium production reporting/analysis and distribution
* Production of all assigned board, committee, head office and regulatory reports with appropriate commentary and analysis
* Provide support to the actuarial and underwriting teams during the quarterly reserving process
* Pro-actively seek to understand informational needs of key stakeholders
* Play leading role in development of processes and initiatives including finance related projects
* Maintain all accounting records accurately and efficiently
* Finance representative to assigned governance groups
* Comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and ensure, at a level appropriate to the position, that appropriate measures are in place to ensure this compliance
* May perform additional duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
* Qualified accountant
* Insurance industry experience