This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Leading Lloyd’s managing agency with syndicates require a Risk Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Risk and Assurance with specific responsibilities with respect to Risk Management and the ORSA.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Promoting a risk aware culture across the organisation
- Maintaining the risk management framework and changes thereto as well as the processes and systems for keeping them up to date;
- On-going review of the existing overall risk management process for the firm in conjunction with the Director Risk and Assurance and making recommendations for changes to enhance the process to the Risk Committee. This will include reviewing the process for routine operational managers to review and reassess the level of risk posed by the functions within their sphere of responsibility and reporting to the Executive Committee and Board from the company wide perspective on the aggregated view of the risk profile;
- Supporting management in the effective operation of the risk management system by either conducting or co-ordinating specialist analysis and quality reviews and the on-going development of risk strategies;
- Keeping the Risk Committees apprised of issues relating to the risk profile of the business and emerging risks which may impact on future operations;
- Promoting a risk aware culture across the organisation;
- Undertaking risk evaluations involving the comparison of estimated risk with risk appetite and evaluating the effectiveness of the firm’s previous management of the risk (Back testing) and assisting with the risk ranking exercise;
Responsibility for element of the Use Test which includes:
- The continued development of the Risk reporting and ORSA process, co-ordination of the assessments and the production of the Risk and ORSA report and reporting to the relevant bodies on the outcomes;
- Ensuring that the risk management process is used appropriately to ensure that the risk profile of the business is properly reflected within the capital models;
- Informing, supporting and verifying the risk management process by reconciling model outputs to the outputs from the risk assessment process;
The ideal person will be someone mathematical with more of an assurance as opposed to operational background.