This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Large City based Insurance Company requires a Qualified Accountant for a Reporting Accountant role. Working in a small team hands on completing the Lloyds Returns. Main Duties as follows:
- Preparation of all outputs of syndicates, including QMA, QMB, QMC, SII, US Reporting, Canadian Reporting, FCA/PRA reporting, statutory accounts, amongst others
- The accounting of insurance technical and non technical transactions in the relevant ledgers of the Syndicates, including the handling of all technical aspects affecting the syndicate ledgers
- All operational aspects of the production of ledgers, including the preparation of account reconciliations and analysis of balance sheet and profit & loss items
- Preparation of statutory accounts for group companies, including corporate members
- Production of analytical tools and analytical memos supporting each one of the reports produced
- Assisting in planning and production of reports and ensuring that they are produced in accordance with the relevant timetables, ensuring that there is enough time for a proper management review and understanding of the figures
- Development of diagnostics and continuous interaction with underwriters and actuaries in order to develop the understanding of the figures
- Handling of all technical aspects affecting the production of syndicate returns • Managing all operational aspects of the production of documents, in order to ensure the timely and accurate production of syndicate returns
- Maintaining the sound system of internal controls, including where appropriate SOX controls
- Liaising with internal and external auditors at the highest level and ensuring that all the information required is produced and the audits are completed on time.
- Development of process improvements for accurate production of data. This may require working as a project manager and with other team members
Candidates should be Qualified with Insurance experience