This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Large City based Insurance Company require a Qualified Accountant to be responsible for the preparation of internal and external reports, including group company reporting, all Lloyd’s regulatory returns, associated management information and other project work.
The role will also include some aspects of Syndicate Accounting for live Syndicates, including reviewing data input, liaising with underwriters and actuaries for the production of management information and regulatory returns. The candidate will also prepare analytical tools and reports to support the information produced.
- Preparation of all outputs of syndicates, including QMA, QMB, QMC, SII, US Reporting, Canadian Reporting, FCA/PRA reporting, statutory accounts, amongst others.
- Carrying out necessary liaison with parties involved in the process, in particular within the Finance area.
- The accounting of insurance technical and non technical transactions in the relevant ledgers of the Syndicates, including the handling of all technical aspects affecting the syndicate ledgers.
- All operational aspects of the production of ledgers, including the preparation of account reconciliations and analysis of balance sheet and profit & loss items.
- Preparation of statutory accounts for group companies, including corporate members.
- Production of analytical tools and analytical memos supporting each one of the reports produced.
- Assisting in planning and production of reports.
- Liaising with internal and external auditors at the highest level and ensuring that all the information required is produced and the audits are completed on time.
Candidates should be Qualified with Exposure to the Lloyd’s Market as an Accountant or Auditor.
Lloyd’s accounting and reporting, UK GAAP / US GAAP, Companies Act. Advanced experience of using Excel.