This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
To manage the production of syndicate and statutory accounts, returns to Lloyd’s and other regulatory organisations
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To manage the production of all regulatory returns, syndicate and statutory accounts to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- To regularly review the Syndicate balance sheet and to advise the Syndicate Finance team of adjustments that are required.
- To establish and maintain contacts within regulatory organisations in order to resolve queries swiftly and accurately.
- To liaise with external auditors and actuaries, providing appropriate information as required.
- To liaise with the Lloyd’s Compliance Office and keep up to date with Lloyd’s regulations and bulletins and incorporate changes as required.
- To prepare all necessary Lloyd’s business forecasts.
- To manage the preparation of the Syndicate Report & Accounts.
- To ensure appropriate training opportunities are provided to enable the Team to have the necessary job knowledge and professional qualification.
- To complete regular performance reviews and maintain development/training plans for each Team member.
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong grasp of UK Insurance GAAP.
- Understanding of Lloyd’s syndicate accounting (desirable).
- Lloyd’s regulations, byelaws and reporting requirements (an advantage).
- Microsoft office applications – in particular advanced excel.
- Sun accounts, TM1 and Vision.
- Lloyd’s systems applications.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountancy qualification with excellent academic credentials.
- Insurance experience a pre-requisite, especially Lloyd’s.
- Good man management and motivational skills and has a track record of managing small professional teams.