This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Our client a highly respected and successful International Insurance Company is looking to recruit an International Head of Data & MI, reporting into the International COO.
You will provide a comprehensive management information service to our client’s International group of companies and ensure effective and efficient operation of regulatory, parent and corporate reporting. The successful candidate will have extensive experience gained within the insurance market, ideally the Lloyd’s market, strong accounting & underwriting systems knowledge, a broad knowledge of UK GAAP requirements for Lloyd’s syndicates and US GAAP experience. Also important is experience of Market regulations and Solvency II, market process, information and data experience and experience of Underwriting, Claims, Finance processes, data requirements and reporting.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Development and delivery (in conjunction with the Business and IT) of a strategy and plan for the co-ordinated production and management of information and reporting across the Client International group of companies, including the meeting and committee structure, Solvency II, Regulatory, Operational Information delivery.
- Providing the International group with quality and timely information and reporting with focus on the co-ordination, relevance, accuracy and timeliness of the information.
- Ensuring a consistent approach to internal reporting across all entities and functional areas.
- Continued review of the processes and procedures, relating to data capture, information production and reporting.
- Lead the business and the Information Technology teams in the process to develop and enhance the systems, data collation processes and the delivery of business information.
- Ensure appropriate allocation of responsibilities between International group of companies and other 3rd Party service providers.
- Data and information governance, including the Data Policy, MI Framework, data quality and Business Information Data Management Group Chair.
- Ensure alignment of International Groups information delivery and Group projects.
- Attendance at regular and ad hoc internal meetings.
- To act in accordance with all applicable Supervisory Bodies, principles, rules and regulations.
Essential Skills Required:
- Strong systems knowledge (Microsoft products/Underwriting Systems/Reporting Solutions)
- Project Management experience, contributing to and leading projects
- Business change experience, contributing to, leading and delivering business change projects, including process, systems change.
- Experience of working with outsourced service providers.
- 10+ years hands-on experience
- Strong insurance market background
- Detailed understanding of accounting & underwriting systems
- Broad knowledge of UK GAAP requirements for Lloyd’s syndicates
- Experience of US GAAP
- Experience of Market regulations and Solvency II
- Market process, information and data experience
- Experience of Underwriting, Claims, Finance processes, data requirements and reporting.
- Lloyd’s market background
- Working within US Parent Company environment