This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Large City based Insurance Company requires a Qualified Accountant for an Interim Syndicate Accountant role. Working in a small team hands on completing the Lloyds Returns. Main Duties as follows:
- Accounting of insurance technical and non-technical transactions in the relevant ledgers of the Syndicates
- All operational aspects of the production of ledgers, including the preparation of account reconciliations and analysis of balance sheet and profit & loss items
- Preparation of all outputs of syndicates, including QMA, QMB, QMC, SII, US Reporting, Canadian Reporting, FCA/PRA reporting, statutory accounts, Distribution files, taxation reporting amongst others
- Preparation of statutory accounts for group companies, including corporate members
- Production of analytical tools and analytical memos supporting individual reports
- Development of diagnostics and continuous interaction with underwriters, actuaries and treasury to develop the understanding of the figures
- Responsible for the following up of Reporting and Accounting activities • Administration of Peoplesoft ledgers
- Responsible for the maintenance of a sound system of internal controls, including where appropriate SOx controls
- Liaising with internal and external auditor, ensuring that all the information required is produced and the audits are completed on time
- Responsible for the development of process improvements and system enhancements,
- Support for other projects
Candidates should be Qualified with Syndicate Accounting experience.