This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Interim accountant required by market leading City based insurance company for maternity cover contract. Ideally you will have understanding of insurance accounting in a Sarbanes Oxley (SoX) environment and knowledge of IFRS.
You will support the effective delivery of the financial reporting team’s objectives including monthly ledger interrogation and control, Sarbanes Oxley control integration and subsequent testing, documentation of impact of new IFRS releases.
* Monthly close of balance sheet items.
* Involvement in the re-writing of the company’s Sarbanes Oxley documentation
* Quarterly testing of Sarbanes Oxley
* Quarterly results analysis and commentary
* Monthly ledger interrogation for possible errors or omissions
* Monthly reasonableness checks on automatic ledger routines, for example FX revaluations
* Scoping out the impact of IFRS 9
* Production of annual Regulatory Filings as required by UK and local EU regulators
* Provide support to the Lloyd’s Regulatory Reporting Team, the FP&A team and Chicago Head Office
* Integration of financial process
* Pro-actively seek to understand informational needs of key stakeholders
* Play leading role in development of processes and initiatives including finance related projects
* Maintain all accounting records accurately and efficiently
* Comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and ensure, at a level appropriate to the position, that appropriate measures are in place to ensure this compliance
* May perform additional duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
* Qualified accountant
* Insurance industry experience
* Previous Sarbanes Oxley experience preferable