This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Part Qualified Accountant studying ACCA / CIMA with insurance experience required by market leading City based insurance company.
- To process the month end technical accounting. Bookkeeping of premiums, claims, IBNR, commissions, and reinsurance.
- To assist design, develop and build mechanisms or loading data into the general ledger, with relevant controls
- To prepare and analyse monthly technical account reconciliations (e.g. GL to core systems) for audit and SOX purposes
- To assist in the preparation of financial results for US GAAP reporting to parent company
- To use, update and modify (where required) the systems/analysis tools/spreadsheets to extract data from underwriting and financial systems for regulatory and compliance returns in accordance with the relevant regulatory timetables.
- To produce and maintain monthly audit files company financial results, balances and key reconciliations
- Assist in production of company and related entity GAAP financial results and annual report.
- To assist in ad-hoc reporting requirements & project work
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Commercial common sense and understanding of the insurance business
- Advanced Excel / Database skills to be able to build spreadsheets and systems that can manage and manipulate large volumes of data efficiently (V Look ups, Pivot Tables)
- Ability to analyse and self- audit any data, returns, forms, including liaison with underwriting teams to verify data.
- Ability to understand the bigger picture and visualise the end-to-end process of transactions through to reporting analysis
- Good communication skills, ability to interact at all levels within the business and fellow practitioners
- Good project management, prioritisation of tasks and time keeping skills
- Some exposure or knowledge of Statutory and Regulatory reporting (PRA, SII / Solvency II, US GAAP)
- Preferably A level maths qualification and pursuing an accountancy qualification, studying ACCA or CIMA