This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Large City Based Insurance Company requires a Group Financial Controller with prior Insurance experience. Responsible for financial control, financial and regulatory reporting and oversight of finance systems.
- Lead the application of appropriate controls across the UK and Europe, working with the Head Office finance team and with the European branch finance managers
- Contribute to effective expense management across the Group
- Drive process efficiency in accounting practices, including leading projects to accelerate the financial close process
- Monitor balance sheet integrity through regular review and testing
- Maintain complete and accurate accounting records for each of the UK registered companies, in accordance with applicable reporting standards
- Planning and oversight for month-, quarter- and year-end close
- Review the data and accounting of the financial returns from European operations
- Oversee all UK regulatory reporting, including Solvency II
- Manage and monitor all UK indirect tax returns, and co-ordinate corporate tax returns and filings
- Oversee the management of the financial systems
- Play a significant part in the identification, mitigation and management of key business risks
Candidates should be Qualified (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) with Insurance Experience