This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
FP&A Manager required for an extremely successful, expanding London market insurance business. Responsible for monthly reporting, annual business plan (Syndicate Business Forecast) and to further develop business partnering for their Lloyds syndicate. 12 month contract. Significant interaction with BU heads, underwriters, risk/actuarial, Operations, Lloyds and Group in the US.
- UK Planning Model (5 year PL, BS)
- Work with Active Underwriter, Risk Officer & FP&A staff in US to develop proprietary Group Corporate Planning Model software and implementation within the Lloyds operations
- Annual business plan, including production of Syndicate Business Forecast
- Monthly analysis of actual results against planned results and provide interpretation and analysis
- Provide actuarial reserving and capital teams with plan forecasts
- Responsibility for running the annual planning process including production of planning analysis packs, running planning away days, reviews of business plan forecasts
- Support the business with external competitor analyses and ad-hoc analysis/reporting as required
- Develop working relationships with the Business Unit leaders to ensure they are furnished with Syndicate performance data pertinent to their books of business, and work with them to develop financial reporting data that supports their business
- Develop business partner relations with Insurance Underwriting and Risk Teams, and the Group Planning Function.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA / CIMA / ACA)
- 5 years of finance, accounting and/or reporting experience, preferably in the London Insurance Market
- Lloyd’s experience (Syndicate / Managing Agency) especially Syndicate Business Forecast (SBF)
- Financial reporting and financial statement analysis, investment focus preferred
- Ability to understand, analyse and succinctly summarize financial results
- CPA/CFA/MBA a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with various levels of management via reports, memos, and verbal communications
- Strong leadership, organizational and time management skills
- Works effectively in a team environment and independently
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities and assignments and deadline driven
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Word. Access and SAP or other general ledger applications and database querying tools a plus