This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Financial Reporting Manager required by market leading City based insurance company.
- Conduct an insightful and complete review and approve internal management based financial reporting, both routine and ad hoc for complete and consistent results within corporate policies and standards
- Review and approve more complex financial activities for various lines of business including journal entries and account reconciliations
- Review external financial statements including, but not limited to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), SEC and STAT (Statutory Accounting Principles).
- Develop, perform and certify financial controls in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Reviews more complex documentation to support Internal and External Audits.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors.
- Develop/ oversee key business decision support leveraging robust financial analyses and operational perspectives with a focus on key performance metrics (i.e. production, profitability, expense management, staffing)
- Engage with business partners to develop and create overall financial/business plan, budget and forecasts for the organization (annual, ongoing and multi-year).
- Lead projects that analyze and implement complex business and financial regulatory changes relating to financial reporting. For example, business reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, new accounting standards, etc.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with various financial external regulatory requirements and internal accounting policies.
- Apply complex accounting and financial concepts and controls to support the development, implementation or enhancement of financial systems and processes.(SME)
- Sets work objectives and goals for employees and manage performance. Typically involved in hiring and compensation decisions.
Professional designation (CPA, CMA or AIAF) or comparable advanced professional education preferred.