This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Reporting to FP&A Senior Manager
Ownership of the annual budgeting and forecasting cycle, building credible and robust financial modelling, to comply with reporting requirements, and support business decisions. Supporting the further development of the FP&A function, and delivering clear and valuable analysis for senior and executive management.
- Develop and maintain of the budgeting and forecasting models; and assisting the finance team –and other business stakeholders – in understanding the model, methodology and outputs.
- Prepare annual budgets and forecasts for internal and external reporting requirements on both GAAP calendar year and Lloyd’s accounting bases.
- Provide analysis of results to budgets and forecasts, working with the finance team to produce reports as required.
- Assist with forecasting requirements for the capital planning cycle
- Identify potential efficiencies to improve current planning and reporting processes.
- Assist in developing internal policies – and associated financial modelling – to ensure compliance with reporting requirements.
- Provide analysis to support key business initiatives and M&A work, including company valuations, identification of intangibles and goodwill assessments
- Manage employee development by setting objectives, appraising performance and identifying training and development needs.
- Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent with at least 2 years post-qualification experience.
- Minimum 2:1 degree from a leading university.
- Preparing budgets and forecasts for a Lloyd’s Syndicate, and providing analysis on results throughout the budgeting cycle.
- Developing internal policies – and associated financial modelling – to ensure compliance with Lloyd’s regulations and Bye-laws.
- Leading teams to deliver results and take responsibility for meeting deadlines.
- P&L, Balance Sheet, cash Flow and Regulatory Budgeting/Forecasting processes and reporting.
- Strong business modelling and analytical skills, including presentation of information to key decision makers & senior executives.
- Working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS accounting standards, and Lloyds of London accounting principles and reporting requirements.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and data manipulation skills, with experience of working with complex financial models.