This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Our client a leading multinational insurance and reinsurance company, domiciled in the US, are looking to recruit an ACCA / ACA / CIMA qualified Financial Controller to manage the production of all financial and management information relating to US GAAP and any other financial reporting.
The role will have a number of direct reports covering Management accounting (expense budgeting, allocation and reporting), Regulatory and indirect tax reporting, Investment reporting, Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Reinsurance accounting and reporting, Management Information Systems (MIS).
- Analysis and commentary of quarterly US GAAP balance sheet and underwriting expenses.
- Treasury operations, specifically the management of working capital; managing banking relationships, cash flow monitoring and forecasting, monitoring the availability of lines of credit, managing foreign exchange transactions.
- Financial control and financial risk management, the budget process, and monitoring of performance against budgets.
- Management of operational relationships with external advisers; auditors, bankers and regulators, as well as US counterparts.
- Monitoring investment activity ensuring it is in accordance with agreed strategy and guidelines. Responsible for the preparation of the investment overview for presentation to the Investment Committee.
- Reviewing and submitting regulatory and statutory filings for various group companies including the Risk Register
- Producing timely and accurate reporting to reinsurers and the reinsurance credit control function.
- Managing the workload and projects which forms part of the Finance MIS team.
Previous management experience is a must for this role, along with US GAAP knowledge and previous London Market insurance experience. Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage.