This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Lloyd’s broker, experiencing a period of growth with new teams and distribution channels, are looking for a Financial Controller to take responsibility for all financial and structural directions of the Group.
This is a key appointment and the individual needs to be someone who can develop relationships with the senior management team, manage the day to day work flows, the timely and accurate production of accounting records for management, statutory and regulatory reporting within a small organisation.
The position will report directly to the Managing Director and the Board of Directors and will have specific responsibility for all internally and externally required financial reports and for the control environment over the underlying accounting processes.
This will ideally be someone who has had previous experience in either a similar position or a number two in a larger organisation and who is looking to move to take full responsibility.
As the Group continues to grow and move forward it is the intention that this position will lead to a Board (Finance Director) appointment. Ideally a qualified accountant (ACCA / ACA / CIMA) with at least 10 years experience in an Broking / Insurance business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and report on all financial board materials including detailed financial analysis and reporting across the Group entities and to all internal and external parties.
- Manage the Group financial planning and forecasting processes.
- Responsibility for group consolidation and make recommendations on structural considerations to the Board of Directors.
- To develop and operate an effective control and reporting environment across the Group.
- Develop a robust expense allocation policy and procedure to operate across the Companies.
- Good understanding of the business and ability to interact and experience of working with the management team and Board of Directors.
- Good understanding of financial controls and demonstrated ability to manage the close process and financial staff.
- Ability to lead effectively and work effectively both independently and with the management team.
- Experience of Lloyd’s broking accounting processes and operations and UK GAAP
- Strong project management skills and proven experience in establishing priorities and meeting deadlines in a changing environment.