This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
The Finance Systems Accountant will:
- Maintain, with assistance of IT where required, all Financial systems;
- Have responsibility for ensuring the financial systems reporting process is working efficiently and effectively in a controlled environment with reconciliation & exception reporting to management;
- Be responsible for month- and quarter-end timetable for team;
- Be point of contact for queries.
- Control of the integrity of the data in the Finance Cube by:
– Having ownership of BAU syndicate data warehouse providing support to senior management as required
– Understand how the data flows through the systems used by Syndicate Finance
– Review and query exception reports which monitor data flows
– Understand the adjustments entered by both Finance and Actuaries effecting the Finance Cube
- Attend and monitor month- and quarter-end timetables and tasks for the team
- Be point of contact for issues/concerns with data warehouse and assist MI & Reconciliation Accountants answering questions regarding MI reporting and detailed QMA/QMB forms
- Review and sign-off of all reconciliations relating to the monthly and quarterly reporting
- Maintain expense account codes and subclass splits and SBF brokerage percentages within the warehouse
- Support Sun and be a super-user
- Administrator on electronic banking
Required Skills & Experience:
- Qualified Accountant.
- Good Excel skills – must be able understand and troubleshoot macros.
- Good interrogation & reconciliation skills.
- Numerate and IT Literate.
- Lloyd’s Syndicate Insurance background preferred.
- SAGE Business Intelligence or similar an advantage
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and manage the team
- Quick to learn new systems
Approach work in a methodical manner