This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
The role is responsible for managing the department responsible for delivering process and system changes to the Finance function of a very profitable and respected player in the Lloyd’s and London insurance market.
The stages in the change process consist of feasibility, design, planning (including requirements gathering), implementation (including development and testing), stabilise (post-implementation support) and transform.
- Development of new systems and processes to support the syndicate, corporate, overseas, budget and treasury Finance functions
- Support to Finance in Group or company-wide projects
- Support to Group in the installation of new Group systems
- Identify and implement improvements to business processes
- Assist in the development of the Enterprise Data Warehouse, reporting cube and associated engines
- Perform user acceptance testing on behalf of Finance; Present documented results and conclusion for sign off by Finance
- Responsible for completion/submission of interim reporting which are in development
- Development of systems and processes to comply with regulatory and statutory reporting requirements (e.g. IFRS Regime, Solvency II)
- Embed new Reporting Systems within Business as Usual (BAU)
- Management and development of staff to support the wider Finance team
You will need:
- Good understanding of Finance processes
- Accounting/reporting experience
- Insurance experience ideally London market / Lloyd’s Managing Agency / Syndicate
- Change management / system development experience
- Solvency II experience
- Good systems skills
- Good understanding of data warehouses and underwriting systems
- Proactive / ability to communicate with other departments
- Delivery focused
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA Qualified Accountant