This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Assisting with production of all Lloyd’s, PRA and other external reporting requirements
• Completion of syndicate Quarterly Monitoring Returns (A) & (B) so that business complies with Lloyd’s of London requirements
• To assist in the preparation of the Insurance PRA Returns for (UK Branch).
• NAIC reporting to Group, specifically completion of Schedule F Part 1 and T to be consolidated into Group return.
• Assist in the preparation of Solvency II reporting requirements for the syndicate including QMC, TPD, GQD, QAD and AAD
• Ensure all UK GAAP ledger entries relating to the syndicate are complete so that external reporting requirements can be met
• Run and update syndicate reporting packs on a quarterly basis so that the quarterly returns can be completed
• Assist with the analysis of profit and loss and balance sheet variances for syndicates
• Complete quarterly syndicate UK GAAP and US GAAP reconciliations and all other reconciliations
• Prepare audit files and liaise with external auditors so that the year-end and half-year audit for the Syndicate is successfully completed
• Liaise with the investment management team in the US , and investment managers to ensure that investment data is complete and available for syndicate reporting purposes
• Provide the Legal Entity reporting team with syndicate data so that Syndicate Annual Reports and Accounts can be completed accurately and in a timely manner
• Preparation of Syndicate Information Statements (SIS) in respect of US tax requirements
• Assist with the completion and submission of other annual returns such as TRIA and NAIC IID returns to comply with Lloyd’s of London requirements.
• Assist with queries from Lloyd’s, management, actuaries etc
• Review and update syndicate accounting processes.
• Other duties include liaising with internal audit and actuaries, providing data to management, and ad-hoc duties such as involvement in projects including the Solvency II project.
Skills and Experience Specification:
• Knowledge of the insurance industry specifically within a finance department
• Strong experience of Lloyds accounting (3-5 years)
• Accounting qualification or part qualification
• Strong organisational and analytical skills
• Confident in MS Word and Excel
• Good communications skills
• Professional approach and delivery of work product
• Ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft desirable but not essential
• Professional, positive attitude, reliable, team player, adaptable, committed, self-motivated