This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Hugely successful London market insurer are looking for an Assistant Syndicate Accountant To undertake certain syndicate book-keeping, reconciliation, investment recording and related tasks in support of Syndicate Accountant and Finance Manager, whilst building the knowledge and experience to be able to take on further responsibility for syndicate accounting roles
- Maintain accounting records for managed and outsourced syndicates (as delegated)
- Assume responsibility for the preparation of reconciliation work e.g. bank balances, LCA balances and investment accounts
- Assist in the preparation of all Lloyd’s returns
- To produce monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaise with management, auditors and external clients as necessary
- Develop an understanding of the risks and controls relevant to the finance function, operate within the prescribed procedures and guidelines and report / discuss issues with the line manager.
Key Technical Skills:
- Preferably nearing completion of a relevant professional qualification.
- Good grasp of fundamental accounting principles.
- Familiarity with and some experience of Lloyd’s reporting requirements e.g. working knowledge of QMA, QMB returns and QMC/US and Canadian reporting requirements
- Sound knowledge of IT systems in use within Clients accounting function – especially Excel and preferably Vision and Sun Accounts.