This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Assistant Financial Analyst required by market leading City based insurance company.
This role supports the Group Financial and Planning Manager and Financial Analyst in the production of the annual business plan, quarterly reforecasts, and ongoing rating agency liaison work.
The incumbent will play a significant role in ongoing automation initiatives and related ad hoc financial planning and analysis requirements as well as assisting with wider Group Finance initiatives.
Supports the preparation of the annual group business plan
- Operation and maintenance of the excel-based planning models including ad hoc updates and improvements
- Involvement with technical underwriting planning and non-technical expense planning
- Liaison with the segment finance teams, outwards reinsurance and actuarial to gather deliverables in a timely and professional manner
- Supporting the production of the business plan presentation including statistical charts and graphs
- Attends planning working group meetings and becomes a known source of knowledge for planning matters
- Assists with maintenance and improvement of planning process documentation and policy
Assists with the quarterly reforecasting process
- Operation and maintenance of the excel-based reforecasting models including ongoing improvements and review of the process
- Liaison with the segment finance teams in the UK, US and Bermuda to gather data and information in a timely and professional manner
- Supporting the production of the reforecast presentation in the board pack including statistical charts, graphs and commentary
Involvement in the Planning Improvement Project
- Proactively becomes involved in the ongoing planning improvement work, both supporting with delivery of Phase I for the 2015 planning seasons and contributing toward Phase II in 2016
- Assists with project management and administration, including preparation of presentations and reports
- Attends project meetings and contributes ideas on further improvements and initiatives
- Becomes involved in selection of the planning tool
Provides support on Ratings Agency matters
- Becomes familiar with the ratings agency capital models
- Assists with the production of capital slides for the quarterly board packs
- Takes ownership of a number of the ratings agency surveys and in time manages the production of these
Provides ad hoc support
- Supports Group Financial and Planning Manager and Financial Analyst in their work, in addition to answering ad hoc queries and supporting members of the wider group finance team.
- ACCA/ACA/CMA part-qualified accountant with experience of working with data and excel models.
- Experience of financial planning and analysis would be beneficial.
- Essential that the incumbent has some experience of data flows through complex excel-based models
- Strong IT skills; advanced excel ideally including VBA, Microsoft packages, database and internet software
- Proactive mind-set and desire to learn and improve own skills
- The level of skill expected of a part-qualified accountant, in particular for written and verbal communications, organisational skills, analytical skills, self-motivated, team player.
- A strong audit, documentation and control background