This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Experienced Accounts Payable Clerk / Supervisor required by leading Insurance / Financial Services group based in London with multiple European offices.
The purpose of this role is to provide day to day management and control of the accounts payable function.
- Ensuring the accounts payable and daily bankline processes run smoothly and efficiently
- Reviewing daily cashflow, bank transactions, reconciliations and procedures
- Overseeing on-line bank account administration
- Maintaining bank mandates for all accounts
- Co-ordinating the set up of new bank accounts
- Overseeing payment runs, cheque runs and ad hoc payments
- Managing new supplier accounts, checking bank details and amending system data
- Liaising with the banks on a day to day basis
- Running monthly expense management charge
- Maintaining key controls and reconciliations
- Managing the month-end process; preparing timetable and ensuring completion on time
- Maintain current documentation to ensure it is accurate and relevant.
- Prepare documentation where it does not currently exist.
- Maintain close and opening working relationship with all members of the Finance / Reporting Team.
- 3-5 years minimum Accounts Payable / Purchase Ledger experience
- Highly advantageous to have prior experience of PeopleSoft
- Experience of an Accounts Payable / Purchase Ledger function
- Good understanding of strong control environment