Innovative, growing City based Insurance Company requires a Syndicate Financial Controller to lead and develop their Syndicate Finance and Regulatory Reporting team (9 direct reports).
- Ensure the financial integrity of all of the Syndicates GL, accounts and reporting
- Ensure proper financial controls are implemented, properly executed and ensure support to the external and internal audit teams
- Manage the production of monthly and quarterly financial MI (including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow, Investment Reporting etc) in accordance with established time tables
- Integrate and develop processes to incorporate business planning and analysis within the team, leading the process for the business.
- To develop a leading business planning and forecasting process and environment and to move to a rolling forecasting process.
- Manage all aspects of monthly expense management reporting, budgeting and forecasting across all group service companies
- Provide data in prescribed formats for the Group Finance Team to collate monthly, annual and ad hoc requests from group
- Manage the production of all necessary regulatory returns and Lloyd’s and Regulator reports in accordance with established time tables
- Provide support to Group Reporting Team in statutory accounts preparation
- Manage and improve the core business processes and automate reporting streamlining the end to end processes where appropriate
- Work with the Group Reporting team and assist with Solvency II reporting as this becomes BAU regulatory reporting
- Investment administration, in particular managing the relationship with Fund Managers, ensuring compliance with agreed mandates and preparation of Investment Committee papers
- Cash management administration, in particular managing the relationship with the Bank, ensuring compliance with agreed mandates and cash management
- Preparation of Board papers for the Managing Agent.
- To complete regular performance reviews and maintain development/training plans for each Team member
Candidates should be Qualified (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) with Insurance Experience.