This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
To manage the syndicate finance team ensuring all regulatory returns are produced and filed on time and that Management and the Board are aware of all issues that could impact the syndicate from a Lloyd’s reporting perspective. To support the effective delivery of regulatory changes and business improvement projects.
- Management of Syndicate Reporting team
- Ensure timely preparation of all regulatory returns and submissions to Lloyds, FSA and any other regulatory bodies as required, keeping abreast of rule changes and their impact on the business
- Responsible for maintenance of syndicate ledgers
- Responsible for maintenance of settled direct accounts and completion of direct reporting to Lloyd’s
- Maintain and manage the regulatory reporting timetable
- Production of syndicate accounts and the technical underwriting result in line with finance timetable
- Production of Solvency II returns
- Responsibility for syndicate tax matters in US, Canada and other
- Ensure consistency of data with other finance reports, as required
- Production of key reconciliations and schedules in line financial reporting guidelines
- Production of board and committee exhibits
- Responsible for financial elements of regulatory changes and business improvement projects including Solvency II and IFRS changes
- Provide accurate and timely key performance data and advise Management on the regulatory reporting impact of current issues, as necessary
- Liaise with the Financial Systems team to ensure data is accurately recorded in Tandem and PeopleSoft and all identified controls are working
- Liaising with internal and external auditors at the highest level and ensuring that all the information required is produced and the audits are completed on time.
- Production of monthly reporting pack, including evidence of controls and reconciliations
- Maintain adequate controls in line with group policies and SOX requirements
- Documentation of assigned procedures and processes
- Maintain all accounting records accurately and efficiently
- May perform additional duties as assigned