This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Our client, an internationally renowned Insurance Group is looking to recruit an FP&A Assistant for their international team.
The role will assist with the monthly analysis of the International business involving the production of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports including the completion of detailed analysis and the explanation of variances to plan and prior.
Assist the Financial Reporting team in investigating any variances to plan and prior.
Liaise with underwriting team and management to help them understand the business and their results
Provide ad-hoc information to underwriting teams and management
Assist with the development of the International FP&A function within the organisation.
The role will be based in London but occasional travel will be required to other offices.
- Production of weekly and monthly reports
– Production of weekly premium forecast report with underwriters
- Detail analysis of results vs plan and prior
– Monthly and quarterly legal entity analysis vs plan and prior
– Monthly and quarterly profit centre analysis vs plan and prior
– Monthly and quarterly regional analysis vs plan and prior
- Assist in production of management packs for International group legal entities and profit centres
– Assist with the production of quarterly international group board packs
– Assist with the production of management presentations
– Assist with the production of group level board commentary
- Liaise with underwriters and management to explain company and profit centre results
- Develop the role to enhance the information available to the organisation
– Help to evolve the reports available to management and underwriters
– Assist with the implementation of group wide processes and systems
- Provide ad-hoc reports and analysis on request
- Assist in the production of the Syndicate business plans and entity level group plans
- Produce expense analysis vs plan & prior
- Assist finance management in the analysis and understanding of Capital Modelling vs GAAP accounting
- Advanced Excel
- Experience of Great Plains
- Experience of Cognos TM1
- Lloyd’s managing agency experience
- Insurance company experience
- Experience and comfort working in organisations with geographically dispersed teams and complex environments
- 7 GCSE inc Maths and English
- ACCA/ICAEW/CIMA part qualified
- ACCA/ICAEW/CIMA newly qualified
Risk Assurance Responsibilities
- To operate all controls as instructed within area of responsibility.
- To report any ineffective control to the Control Owner.
- To report any risk related concerns to the Risk Assurance function.