This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Fantastic opportunity for an ACCA or CIMA studier to join a very successful, expanding broker with a specialist MGA operation. Working alongside the CFO you will be responsible for all technical and non-technical reporting relating to the MGA.
Fantastic working environment and a broad role which would ideally suit someone interested in understanding the nuts and bolts of the business and interacting daily with underwriters and business heads. Assisting with client queries and business relationships in the United States and Australia.
Would suit someone with prior London insurance market experience either in an underwriting or insurance broking environment with an understanding of premiums and claims but also studying for a professional accountancy qualification. Full study support offered.
- Month end reporting – Run insurance trial balance, P&L and Balance sheet
- Month end reporting to insurers in respect premium, claims and written premium.
- Processing premiums, returns, claims and cash receipts and payments on Pure insurance accounting system
- Maintain Excel Master Schedules covering USD, GBP, EUR, AUD and DKR
- Allocation of cash for premium and claims bordereaux to excel master schedules; follow up any differences or queries
- Various premium and claims bordereaux to be entered to system monthly
- Claims payments – Arrange transfers through Barclays electronic banking system
- Reconciliation of bank accounts, to include both Trust and operating
- Accounts covering USD, GBP, EUR, AUD and DKK
- Foreign exchange deals in respect of the transfer of brokerage income and also transfers between trust accounts to ensure adequate claims funds are maintained
- Other ad hoc reports
- Operating Expenses
- Payment of operating expenses
- Posting expenses and journals to Sage
The candidate needs to be experienced in Microsoft Excel and have prior work experience within the London Insurance Market.