This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
An excellent opportunity to work for one of the most consistently profitable insurance businesses in the London market. This is an extremely varied role where you will be working alongside some very high calibre ACA and industry qualified ACCA / CIMA accountants. In addition to the below you will be trained to have full accounting responsibility for two group companies including the production of Management Accounts.
This role is aimed at graduates who are currently studying ACCA or CIMA with 2-4 years experience in the London insurance market, either for a (re)insurance company or Lloyd’s syndicate / Managing Agency.
Excellent opportunities for further career development and salary enhancement on qualification at this industry leading firm.
Role and Responsibilities
Financial / Management Accountant for two of the group entities:
- Calculate PC & deferred managing agency fees;
- Prepare QF1 / AF1 to Lloyd’s;
- Monthly expense trend analysis;
- Monthly P&L trend analysis;
- Prepare info for tax comps;
- Prepare management accounts, including journals / supporting calcs, bank recs;
- Prepare statutory accounts; and
- Prepare Budgets
- Assist Management Accountant with Solvency II calculations;
- Assist Management Accountant with preparing QMC/TPD;
- Performing S2 validation checks on areas not previously prepared by ANO.;
- Assist in new reporting requirements from Lloyd’s; and
- Assist Management Accountant with preparation of Standard Formula SCR.
- Prepare info for quarterly and annual reserving pack;
- Assist with GAAP override calculations; and
- Assist with major loss calculations.
For the managed syndicates:
- Assist Syndicate Accountant with various returns to Lloyd’s; and
- Run various checks/tests to ensure quality of data for reserving (e.g. written vs signed, etc).
- Other returns – US EDF, Dec of Comp.;
- Quarterly monitoring of u/wing & exps for ICA;
- Maintain expenses model for own entities; and
- Maintain corporate model for own entities.
Qualifications and experience
- Part qualified ACCA or CIMA (Financial/Management) Accountant with insurance experience
- Management accounts experience.
- Some knowledge/Experience of Insurance and Lloyds market (managing agencies, syndicates, Lloyd’s of London).
- Some exposure to Solvency II / SII / S2 would be desirable but not essential;
- Good working knowledge of Lloyd’s Syndicate / The London Insurance Market.
- Must be articulate and have excellent communication skills.