This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Large City Based Insurance Company requires a Finance Systems Accountant with prior Insurance experience.
Working in a small team and with 3rd Party suppliers, as well as various departments, to maintain and enhance Financial Systems and Processes, to ensure internal and external deadlines are met and that data for internal and external reports is produced accurately and in a timely manner.
- Co-ordinate the financial close process with other stakeholders (actuarial, underwriting, ceded reinsurance, IT).
- Produce and process technical insurance adjustments in both the General Ledger (PeopleSoft) and local systems (Tandem).
- Work with IT to maintain system mapping tables.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of system solutions, through incremental changes and larger business initiatives.
- Work with IT and 3rd party system vendors on system enhancements and implementations.
- Test enhancements and new functions/process related to financial systems.
- Recommend improvements and efficiencies in the financial systems and close process.
- Comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Working knowledge of insurance accounting.
- PeopleSoft, including Merlin & Smartview
- Ability to work with large and complex datasets in a variety of formats (excel, SQL, access).
- Working knowledge of database structures used in financial systems
- Advanced Excel user