Major City based Insurance Company requires an experienced Accountant to lead and manage the accounting team consisting of the Treasury accountant and Accounts Payable administrators.
- Manage the Accounts Payable function providing review of new vendors, expenses, invoices and other disbursements.
- Ensure consistent accounting & coding within the team, providing technical support as required.
- To monitor and review daily liquidity, developing cash and investment reporting near term cash forecasts.
- Ensure limits and thresholds for expenses are adhered to and authority matrix is kept up to date.
- Ensure bank mandates are up to data, providing review and optimum use of bank accounts.
- To manage the month end timetable for the Financial Accounting team.
- To review expenses accruals and prepayments prior to month end close.
- Prepare an analysis of expenses which explains and shows an understanding of key variances.
- To ensure month end checklist is cleared on timely basis.
- Review all technical journals prior to posting to the ledger.
- Review and ensure balance sheet control accounts are reconciled on monthly basis, actions followed up and executed.
- Oversee preparation of investment journals and analysis of investment data for use in Pillar 3 reporting, standard formula calculation etc.
- Review all balance sheet reconciliations and ensure old and material items are cleared on a timely basis.
- Ensure SOX controls are independently tested, in accordance with Group expectations.
- Provide single point of contact for corporation tax matters.
- To control & review the quarterly VAT files and returns.
- To assist with completion of annual report & accounts providing data for use in financial reporting team.
Candidates should be Qualified (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with Insurance experience and a good working knowledge of general ledger and AP system