This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Major City based Insurance Company requires an experienced Accountant to lead and manage the accounting team consisting of the Treasury accountant and Accounts Payable administrators.
- Manage the Accounts Payable function providing review of new vendors, expenses, invoices and other disbursements.
- Ensure consistent accounting & coding within the team, providing technical support as required.
- To monitor and review daily liquidity, developing cash and investment reporting near term cash forecasts.
- Ensure limits and thresholds for expenses are adhered to and authority matrix is kept up to date.
- Ensure bank mandates are up to data, providing review and optimum use of bank accounts.
- To manage the month end timetable for the Financial Accounting team.
- To review expenses accruals and prepayments prior to month end close.
- Prepare an analysis of expenses which explains and shows an understanding of key variances.
- To ensure month end checklist is cleared on timely basis.
- Review all technical journals prior to posting to the ledger.
- Review and ensure balance sheet control accounts are reconciled on monthly basis, actions followed up and executed.
- Oversee preparation of investment journals and analysis of investment data for use in Pillar 3 reporting, standard formula calculation etc.
- Review all balance sheet reconciliations and ensure old and material items are cleared on a timely basis.
- Ensure SOX controls are independently tested, in accordance with Group expectations.
- Provide single point of contact for corporation tax matters.
- To control & review the quarterly VAT files and returns.
- To assist with completion of annual report & accounts providing data for use in financial reporting team.
Candidates should be Qualified (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with Insurance experience and a good working knowledge of general ledger and AP system