This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Our client, a highly regarded insurance business and Lloyd’s Managing Agency, is looking to recruit an Assistant Group Accountant to support the Group Accountant and Financial Controller in all aspects of group and management reporting.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts for managing agency and group.
- Assist with the production of quarterly reports for the group under US GAAP.
- Assist with the production of statutory accounts for the group and subsidiary companies.
- Assist with the preparation of group financial information for external parties when required.
- Ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards.
- Production of the VAT return for the group quarterly.
- Production of quarterly audit files to support the consolidation and management accounts, including investigation of quarterly variances.
- Run the monthly/quarterly expenses allocation process.
- Preparation of annual expenses budget and quarterly monitoring of expenses against budget.
- Assist with the maintenance of the fixed asset ledger.
- Maintenance of corporate member ledger.
- Review book keeping journals for syndicates and group.
- Reconciliation of various Balance Sheet accounts.
Audit & Compliance
- Maintain the relationship with the external auditors and ensure compliance with audit requirements for the group companies.
- Meet quarterly SoX requirements.
- Undertake projects and research in support of the Financial Controller.
The successful candidate will be part-qualified ACCA or CIMA and have previous experience gained within an insurance company or a Lloyd’s syndicate / Managing Agency. You should be competent in the use of financial and accounting systems and have an ability to analyse, interpret and review complex financial information. Full study support provided. Experience of working for an insurance company is essential.