This role has now been filled. For information regarding similar roles we are currently working on, please speak with one of our Consultants.
Our client, a Lloyd’s Managing Agency / syndicate, is looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant on a 6 month temporary basis. The successful candidate will have General experience of accounting and investment systems gained, preferably within the Lloyd’s insurance market
- To assist the syndicate managing agency treasury team with the implementation of a new in-house Investment accounting system
- To assist the finance department with the implementation of the in-source of a new general ledger system.
- To assist in the implementation of the new in-house Investment accounting system (IRAS).
- To prepare postings for the newly installed general ledger system (SUN) on an on-going and historic basis.
- To assist in the preparation of monthly reconciliations.
- To assist in preparing expenses, accruals and prepayments schedules.
- To administer documentation on the document management system.
- To undertake any other related duties as may be reasonably required
- General book-keeping knowledge, specifically related to insurance accounting.
- Applicable procedural knowledge and familiarity of accounting reports/procedures.
- Accuracy and attention to detail in all dealings with departments.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Competent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Capable of being an effective team member.
- Competent in the use of standard office IT applications.